Clinics We Offer
In addition to caring for those who are ill or have long term medical needs, this practice also offers the following services:
- Contraceptive care, advice and prescribing. We provide a full range of contraception advice and treatment including long acting systems such as implants and coils.
- Cryotherapy for the removal of warts etc. - (a clinic is held every 6 weeks - you need an appointment for a doctor to examine you to confirm you are eligible for this treatment prior to the clinic. ).
- We offer smoking cessation advice and support, including nicotine replacement therapies. It is important that patients are motivated to quit as they will be encouraged to set a timescale for giving up. Please call o2476 542525 if you would like a smoking cessation appoitment with Nicki, or Healthcare Assistant.
Health Screening and Checks
- Cervical screening
- Child health surveillance checks - (6 weeks, 9 months and 3 years of age)
- Health checks on request for patients aged 16-74 years who have not attended for a consultation in the last three years
- Health checks on request for patients aged 75 years and over who have not participated in a consultation in the last 12 months
- Childhood vaccinations and immunisations - including the newly introduced nasal flu vaccine for all 2 & 3 year old.
- Influenza vaccination annually in October and November to all patients aged over 65 years and those at risk due to existing medical conditions
- Travel vaccinations (private fees may apply)
- Ante-natal and post-natal maternity care
- The surgery offers a range of minor surgery procedures including joint injections.
Annual Learning Disability Health Check
Annual Chronic Disease Clinic
- Health check for those with long-term conditions such as diabetes. Eligible patients are typically invited to book in for this in their birth month.