Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
10.30 – 12 noon
2.00 – 3.00 pm
5.00 – 6.00 pm
10.30 – 12 noon
RECEPTION - ONLY PATIENTS WITH A CONFIRMED APPOINTMENT SHOULD ENTER THE BUILDING.
DISPENSARY - IF YOU ARE COLLECTING FROM DISPENSARY THEN PLEASE FOLLOW THE SIGNS TO THE WINDOW AT THE SIDE OF THE BUILDING. REMEMBER TO KEEP 2M APART IF YOU NEED TO QUEUE.
Our phonelines (02476 542525) will still be open normal hours (Monday,Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8.30-1 and 2-6.30 and Thursday 8.30-1) if you need medical advice
WE ARE NOT CLOSED and we are working just as hard as usual, but just in a different way. As part of the measures to reduce the risk of transmission of any possible COVID-19 infection we are trying hard to minimise face-to-face consultations where possible. This will mean we are increasing the proportion of clinical work done by other methods, such as over the telephone. We are also using video-consulting service when needed.
It would help us enormously if you:-
- Do not contact the surgery unless absolutely necessary
- Do NOT ring us to confirm the government’s advice. We will not offer you a different answer.
- Do check all online resources for answers to your question before ringing us.
- Do NOT ring asking for advice on what to do IF you catch COVID-19.
- We cannot offer individual advice on decisions to self -isolate. Please refer to the government guidance links above.
- If you are self-isolating then you can self declare this for employment purposes via the government website. You do not need to contact us for a sick note for any isolation period
- Do not contact to request testing. There is currently no testing being done apart from those patients that have been hospitalised.
The dispensary has seen an unprecedented rise is requests for medication and are struggling with this extra work, please help by:-
- Allow 3 working days before collecting repeat medication
- Do NOT order earlier than needed, this not only adds to our workload unnecessarily but will contribute to shortages of drugs.
- Only order what you need. Please do not order additional items that you occasionally use. Order these only when you need them
- If you need medication delivered then be prepared for this to be a volunteer from the local community rather than one of our dispensers.
Thank you for your continued support as we continue to serve our community as best as we are able throughout this challenging pandemic.
Flu Vaccination Clinics
We will be running flu clinics over the following days
Saturday 19th September 9.15am - 3.30pm AGED 65 AND OVER ONLY
Saturday 10th October 9.15am - 3.30pm Aged 65 + and patients in an 'at risk' group
Saturday 17th October 9.15am - 3.30pm Aged 65 + and patients in an 'at risk' group
This will be a walk in clinic so appointments are not required. Patients will be required to queue at a social distance from each other and there will be a one way system around the surgery. If and where possible please could patients walk to the surgery to minimise congestion and allow those who can't walk a space in the car park. As always please DO NOT attend the surgery if you have any symptoms of COVID 19 - we will be doing more clinics throughout the following months so please wait until you are well to attend. More information on these will be provided closer the time.
Patients in an 'at risk' group include -
- Long term respiratory diseases such as asthma (that requires an inhaled or tablet steroid or has led to hospital admission in the past), COPD, Emphysema or Bronchitis.
- Chronic Heart Disease such as Heart Failure
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Chronic Liver Disease such as Hepatitis
- Chronic Neurological conditions such as Parkinson's disease, Motor Neurone disease, Multiple Schlerosis or Cerebral Palsy
- Learning Disability
- Problems with your spleen such as Sickle Cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed
- Weakened Immune system as a result of conditions such as HIV and AIDs or medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
- Seriously Overweight (BMI of 40 or above)
- Being Pregnant - at any stage of the pregnancy
Children aged 2-3: Children aged 2 and 3 as of 1st September 2020 are eligible for a nasal flu vaccine as usual. These WILL NOT be given at any of our Saturday Flu Clinics. Please can parents ring the surgery on 02476 542525 after 9th September to book an appointment with the nurse. Reception will advise you of our COVID procedures.
Patients aged 50-64: This year the government has indicated that all patientd aged 50-64 should also recieve an NHS flu vaccine. The logistics of these extra vaccines has not yet been finalised so we have been advised that these patients will become eligible from November at the earliest. Therefore if you are 50-64 and NOT in an at risk group please do not attend the clini8cs in September or October. We will update you when we have further information.
Welcome to Brookside Surgery
We are a GP partnership working in purpose built premises to provide healthcare to patients in Stretton on Dunsmore and surrounding villages.
- Cervical Screening Awareness Campaign - Smear tests can stop cancer before it starts - don't forget to book in with Reception if you are due. If you are nervous or have some questions our Nurse will be happy to talk to you or you can have a look at https://www.jostrust.org.uk/information/cervical-screening for more information.
- Brookside's gone social! - We are pleased to announce that we now have a Facebook and Instagram page to help patients up to date with in surgery news and information as well as sharing relevant healthcare links and advice. We hope this can become a useful resource. Go give us a follow on @brooksidesurgerystretton
- '3 before GP!' - Before booking a GP appointment can you 1. Self Care? 2. Use trusted online services like www.nhs.uk for advice? 3. Get advice from a pharmacist - they are highly skilled professionals who can offer valuable advice. For other useful information that ties in with 'Self Care Week' visit www.bma.org.uk/about-us/patient-information/self-care
Extended Hourse Service - We are pleased to be able to offer routine GP appointments between 6.30 – 9.30 pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evening. This service is staffed by GPs from the Coventry and Rugby GP Alliance (CRGPA) Extended Access Team and can be booked through calling the surgery on 024 7654 2525.
- Patient Reference Group - We have an active patient group and the group welcomes all patients.
Our practice now offers a wide range of services through our website, such as ordering repeat prescriptions and booking/cancelling appointments. Register to gain access.