The Surgery will be closed on Monday 25th May. If you require medical advice during this time please call 111 or if it is an emergency call 999. We will reopen as normal on Tuesday 26th
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
10.30 – 12 noon
2.00 – 3.00 pm
5.00 – 6.00 pm
10.30 – 12 noon
RECEPTION - ONLY PATIENTS WITH A CONFIRMED APPOINTMENT SHOULD ENTER THE BUILDING.
DISPENSARY - IF YOU ARE COLLECTING FROM DISPENSARY THEN PLEASE FOLLOW THE SIGNS TO THE WINDOW AT THE SIDE OF THE BUILDING. REMEMBER TO KEEP 2M APART IF YOU NEED TO QUEUE.
Our phonelines (02476 542525) will still be open normal hours (Monday,Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8.30-1 and 2-6.30 and Thursday 8.30-1) if you need medical advice
WE ARE NOT CLOSED and we are working just as hard as usual, but just in a different way. As part of the measures to reduce the risk of transmission of any possible COVID-19 infection we are trying hard to minimise face-to-face consultations where possible. This will mean we are increasing the proportion of clinical work done by other methods, such as over the telephone. We are also using video-consulting service when needed.
It would help us enormously if you:-
- Do not contact the surgery unless absolutely necessary
- Do NOT ring us to confirm the government’s advice. We will not offer you a different answer.
- Do check all online resources for answers to your question before ringing us.
- Do NOT ring asking for advice on what to do IF you catch COVID-19.
- We cannot offer individual advice on decisions to self -isolate. Please refer to the government guidance links above.
- If you are self-isolating then you can self declare this for employment purposes via the government website. You do not need to contact us for a sick note for any isolation period
- Do not contact to request testing. There is currently no testing being done apart from those patients that have been hospitalised.
The dispensary has seen an unprecedented rise is requests for medication and are struggling with this extra work, please help by:-
- Allow 3 working days before collecting repeat medication
- Do NOT order earlier than needed, this not only adds to our workload unnecessarily but will contribute to shortages of drugs.
- Only order what you need. Please do not order additional items that you occasionally use. Order these only when you need them
- If you need medication delivered then be prepared for this to be a volunteer from the local community rather than one of our dispensers.
Thank you for your continued support as we continue to serve our community as best as we are able throughout this challenging pandemic.
Welcome to Brookside Surgery
We are a GP partnership working in purpose built premises to provide healthcare to patients in Stretton on Dunsmore and surrounding villages.
- Cervical Screening Awareness Campaign - Smear tests can stop cancer before it starts - don't forget to book in with Reception if you are due. If you are nervous or have some questions our Nurse will be happy to talk to you or you can have a look at https://www.jostrust.org.uk/information/cervical-screening for more information.
- 'Self Care Week' - 3 before GP! - Before booking a GP appointment can you 1. Self Care? 2. Use trusted online services like www.nhs.uk for advice? 3. Get advice from a pharmacist - they are highly skilled professionals who can offer valuable advice. For other useful information that ties in with 'Self Care Week' visit www.bma.org.uk/about-us/patient-information/self-care
Extended Hourse Service - We are pleased to be able to offer routine GP appointments between 6.30 – 9.30 pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evening. This service is staffed by GPs from the Coventry and Rugby GP Alliance (CRGPA) Extended Access Team and can be booked through calling the surgery on 024 7654 2525.
- Patient Reference Group - We have an active patient group and the group welcomes all patients.
Our practice now offers a wide range of services through our website, such as ordering repeat prescriptions and booking/cancelling appointments. Register to gain access.