All surgeries are run on an appointment basis except Monday morning, which is a walk in surgery intended for urgent problems and the first available doctor sees patients in the order of arrival.
- Most appointments are 10 minutes and can be booked either over the phone on 024 7654 2525 or in person at reception.
- Online appointments are available for patients over the age of 16. To make an online appointment, please register for online access with reception. You will need to complete a form and provide proof of identification in accordance with confidentiality & data protection guidance. Examples of acceptable identification are passport, driving license and bus pass.
- Please tell the receptionist when you book your appointment if you feel you need longer than 10 minutes. This helps us keep waiting times to a minimum.
- Please make a separate appointment for each person needing to be seen.
- We aim to offer a routine appointment within 48 hours but this may not always be possible when doctors are on leave.
- If you feel that you need to be seen urgently then please phone 8.30 am or as early in the morning as possible. You will then be seen urgently that day or directed to another suitable avenue of care . It is difficult to know how many emergencies there will be on any given day so please be aware that there may be a lengthy wait. Thus, wherever possible, please use the appointment system.
Telephone advice and consultations are also available with the GP’s and practice nurses.
If you would like to speak to a GP or nurse please telephone the surgery on the main reception number 024 7654 2525. The doctor/nurse will then call you back when they are available. The number will show up as an unkown caller on your phone so please make sure you keep this in mind when waiting for a call.
Whilst we encourage our patients to come to the surgery, where we have the proper equipment and facilities available, we do appreciate this is not always possible. In this respect, if you do need a home visit, you can help us by calling 024 7654 2525 before 10:30.
You may only request a home visit if you are housebound or are too ill to visit the practice. Your GP will only visit you at home if they think that your medical condition requires it and will also decide how urgently a visit is needed. Please bear this in mind and be prepared to provide suitable details to enable the doctor to schedule house calls
You can also be visited at home by a community nurse if you are referred by your GP. You should also be visited at home by a health visitor if you have recently had a baby or if you are newly registered with a GP and have a child under five years.
Brookside Surgery has been involved in training GPs for nearly 20 years. GP Registrars join us for their final 12 months of GP training and also for 6 months placements before they commence their final year. They are all fully qualified doctors with at least 3 years post qualification experience. Video recordings of some consultations with GP Registrars are made as part of their examination process. The consent of the patient is obtained prior to the consultation and can be withdrawn at any time.
We occasionally have student nurses or medical students placed with us who may be present during consultations. Patients will always be asked if they object to a student being present.
Cancellations & Reminders
Cancel an Appointment
It is important that you inform the reception staff as soon as possible if you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient. If you fail to notify the Practice twice in one year that you are unable to attend, you will be sent a letter informing you that you have defaulted from your appointments. Persistent defaulters maybe removed from the practice patient list.
To cancel an appointment either contact Reception on 02476 542525 or if you are registered to online services you can cancel your appointment online.
Late For Your Appointment
Please attend your appointment on time, if you are late you may not be seen. If you are not seen you will have to re-schedule to the next routine appointment which may not be that day. The only exception is in the event of an medical emergency that requires immediate attention.
If you require an interpreter to attend with you when you see your Doctor please notify the receptionist when you book and they will arrange this for you.
Text Reminder Service
We have a texting service which allows you to receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
To have this service you will need to register by completing a consent form.
Please remember to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.
This surgery offers appointments to see a GP or nurse in the evening or at weekends.
Patients can request a routine appointment at reception and choose to be seen in one of eight Extended Hours Hubs across Coventry and Rugby.
Appointments are available Monday to Friday between 18.30 and 21.30 and on Saturday and Sunday mornings.